Future Networks – A new global platform for conversations, chatbots & commerce
Forums and Seminars
Hear from 3Cinteractive, Deutsche Telekom, Google, Huawei, Samsung and ZTE talking about their vision and plans for Rich Communication Services (RCS) and Messaging as a Platform (MaaP). Messaging platforms are now bigger than most social networks and this trend will continue during 2017, with chatbots playing a prominent role. Operators globally are upgrading SMS to RCS based on the GSMA’s Universal Profile providing 6.7 billion subscribers with a superior and enhanced messaging experience. RCS works consistently across devices, without the need to download additional messaging apps.
09:30 – 09:40
WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION
• The year ahead for RCS & Future Networks Programme focus
IP Communications Project Director, GSMA
09:40 – 09:50
Introduction to your seminar moderator
Lead Analyst, Analysis Mason: Asia-Pacific Research Programme
09:50 – 10:05
RCS – Last chance to get into the messaging blue ocean
• What is the strategic vision moving forward (cloud-based versus stand-alone hub RCS Solutions)?
• What business models can the industry expect to see?
Senior Vice President and Group Leader of Product & Service Innovation at Samsung Mobile Communications Division, Samsung
10:00 – 10:20
Framing the Operator messaging space
• GSMA’s Universal Profile 2.0: What does this mean for the market?
• Recent announcements: What can the industry expect to see?
• Understanding how Interconnect is key to delivering an enriched messaging experience to billions of people
Dr Petja Heimbach
Vice President of Communication (IDU-COM), Deutsche Telekom
10:20 – 10:40
Fireside Chat: Dr Petja Heimbach and Sherrie Huang discuss successful RCS Launches
• Analysing the difference between the RCS and SMS operator journey
• Solving Interoperability
• What advantages have been gained and what challenges have been faced
10:40 – 10:55
New Platform, New Ecosystem
• The benefit of RCS and MaaP for mobile users
• How RCS can bring an intelligent and secure experience
CEO Cloud of Computing & IT Product Operations, ZTE Corporation
10:55 – 11:15
RCS messaging for brands
• How RCS is changing how brands and customers interact with each other
• What is Conversational Commerce and how to benefit from it?
• Demo – showing how RCS and MaaP enhances user experience
11:15 – 12:00
Members of the panel will share their perspectives followed on the following topics, followed by an audience Q&A:
• What are the foreseen changes in the market?
• What new technologies should market-players prepare for?
• What is the strategic vision moving forward?
• How do we scale?
• What are enterprises looking for from RCS?
• Phil Carter, Programme Manager, Google
• Dr Petja Heimbach, Vice President of Next Generation Communications, Deutsche Telekom
• Yunsang Park, Senior Vice President and group leader of Product & Service Innovation at Samsung Mobile Communications Division, Samsung
• Mr Zhu Jinyun, CEO Cloud of Computing & IT Product Operations, ZTE Corporation
• Wendi Cai, Communication Service Planner, Huawei