Mobile Connect: Deploying mobile identity services across Asia
Forums and Seminars
Mobile Connect is the global mobile industry’s secure universal identity solution. By March 2017 it had been made available to over 3billion consumers worldwide and with operators in many countries now collaborating to offer services to their consumers, the service is fast becoming a major competitor in the world of secure personal data sharing.
Mobile Connect’s unique service allows for a global interoperable solution that gives the user a simple, convenient and consistent way to log-in to all their digital services whilst reducing the risk of identity theft and enhancing consumer loyalty to the digital service provider.
This seminar, aimed at operators and digital service providers looking to offer secure identity services to their customers, will highlight the growth of Mobile Connect in Asia and around the globe and showcase use cases and working practices from those already deploying the service. The session will discuss the need for a ubiquitous digital identity solution in the mobile industry and the role that Mobile Connect plays within that.
• GSMA Mobile Connect global deployment rollout
• Last year vs this year (new operators/launches in Asia)
• Evolution/roadmap – what’s next
VP and Head of Identity, GSMA
The strategic rationale for a ubiquitous digital identity solution alongside the digital service industry.
• Privacy, convenience and trust – the three pillars of the digital ecosystem for identity
• The importance of maintaining innovation and service differentiation.
• The opportunities afforded by mobile and how the industry and society can benefit.
• Collaboration and why is fragmentation so damaging? How does it impact on the wider ecosystem and the consumer?
Chris Butler – Chief Data Officer, HSBC Asia
The importance of collaboration for the benefit of consumers in launching digital identity services.
• The rationale behind the service launch in Singapore
• Why Mobile Connect? How Mobile Connect meets the needs of the consumer and the benefits of using mobile technology.
• Engaging services: Why working together to deliver digital authentication is the right approach and the benefits it bring in the long term.
Jeff Ng, Job Title, Singtel
Migrating existing authentication services into a global identity solution, the benefits to end users and industry at large.
• SK Telecom’s authentication and identity services and the role they play in the market and wider mix of value added services
• The strategic rationale behind SK Telecom’s decision to join Mobile Connect?
• Next steps. Realising the benefits of global participation. Cross-border services (Korea/China/Japan).
Andy Kim – Director, SK Telecom
Delivering secure identity verification for money transfer services in the developing world
• The rationale behind the TPS/Zong/Microsoft solution
• The benefits it will bring to the wider financial industry and the consumer
• Next steps: Rolling out the service and future plans
Rolling out digital identity services across China.
• The market landscape for digital identity across China
• Live use-case deployments of Mobile Connect across China
• Enrolling and working with service providers
• Future plans for federation and expansion
Panel Session: Industry Experts Discuss
User perspectives – Mobile Connect now and in the future.
• Simple authentication through to identity verification – how consumers view their online identity and how Mobile Connect, now and in the future, will meet these needs.
• Why it’s important for mobile and the ecosystem to work together to deliver this value.
• What is the single message we should deliver to the user?
Summary & Close
VP and Head of Identity, GSMA